- Butter unsalted 220gm
- Confectioners sugar 144gm
- Almond meal 56gm
- Whole eggs 90gm
- Salt 4gm
- Plain flour 448gm
- Corn starch 36gm
For the dusting
- Cocoa butter (Mycryo) Q.S
- Butter unsalted 130gm
- Caster sugar 130gm
- Whole eggs 60gm
- Almond meal 130gm
- Bread flour
- Rum 5ml
- Cherry puree 400gm
- Caster sugar 160gm
- Pectin NH 4gm
- Caster sugar 40gm
- Lemon juice 20ml
- Fresh pitted cherries halved Q.S
- Nappage for glaçage
- Gold leaf
For the pate sable:
- Briefly mix the butter and sieved confectioners sugar until well incorporated, do not cream it too much.
- Add the eggs slowly, followed by the other dry ingredients.
- Cling wrap and allow to rest for at least 4-5 hours
For the almond cream:
- Cream the butter and sugar briefly until well combined.
- Add the eggs, followed by the dry ingredients and mix.
- Transfer the contents into a piping bag, place aside.
For the cherry preserve:
- Heat the cherry puree along with the first sugar.
- Once the temperature reaches about 40 deg C, add the sugar and pectin (pre-mixed) gradually like a sand whilst mixing the puree.
- Bring the mix to a boil for about a minute or two.
- Finally take it off the flame and add the lemon juice.
- Transfer the contents into a sanitised jar, store in a cool place
- Lightly butter the perforated tart ring, line the tart ring, rest for an hour in the freezer before baking.
- Bake the tart at 180 deg C (blind baking method), once semi baked, pipe in the almond cream arrange a few cherries and press them through slightly. Bake the tart completely this time.
- Once baked sprinkle the mycryo on the freshly baked tart on the sides.
- Allow to cool.
- Spread a thin layer or cherry preserve over the baked almond cream, evenly covering the entire surface.
- It is optional to have a thin layer of chantilly over the preserve, I prefer to serve it on the side.
- Arrange the pitted cherries over the tart in a symmetrical pattern.
- Heat the nappage in a microwave with a few spoons of water and glaze the tart lightly brushing the cherries.
- Garnish with gold leaf